Friday, January 21, 2011

BIG IS AN ADJECTIVE, BUT THINKING BIG IS AN ACTION ADVENTURE!

Hi, In Betweener! You were on my mind today! I was talking to my mother about this audio book I listened to called The Magic of Thinking Big by David Joseph Schwartz. I highly recommend this book, by the way. Anyhow, as she and I were talking I realized something about myself: I've been thinking small and even when I THINK I'm thinking big, I'm still thinking small! The conclusion, some of the people around me are small thinkers. Yes, even some people I love

My mommy talked about how she always wanted to do great things such as travel to various countries for animal research, specifically marine biology. I thought to myself, "Wow that's where I get my sense of adventure and free-spirit from!" LOL! But notice something...she was speaking in past tense...she's not living in her passion right now. She's doing something she has an affinity for and that's helping people, but my mother GLOWS when it comes down to animals. But along the way, life happened i.e. marriage, me and my sisters. She doesn't regret those blessings, but she was surrounded by small thinkers who may have shot down her big thoughts. Fortunately, my mother removed herself from the negativity and is now in school, thinking bigger than ever! :)

I said that to say this: Life will happen but we need to make sure that we're not listening to haters and other small thinkers. Who you surround yourself with matters...it really does. You have to guard your mind from negativity. Another thing, understand that you CAN NOT share your goals, dreams and visions with everyone. I've done this trusting that I will receive sound support and I was disappointed. Choose your "Master Mind" group wisely. These are the people who are advisers, colleagues and friends active in progression, idea conception and execution. Everyone in your circle should have such a desire to elevate that it's electrifying! DREAM big, THINK even bigger and DO great things!

Your heart, my heart...one love,
~The Queen

3 comments:

  1. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR BIG THOUGHTS AND IDEAS? PLEASE SHARE THEM! REMEMBER THIS IS A POSITIVE AND PROGRESSIVE ZONE, PLUS YOU'RE FAMILY :)

    ~THE QUEEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it. I know you can touch minds of many young ladies. Plz read this book and do a blog on it. Not tonight Mr. Right by Kate Taylor.
    Love you..Aunt Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Auntie! I will definitely read it, you know I will :)

    ReplyDelete